Tuesday, March 31, 2009

In Rut Stuck in A Rut

Life's Simple Pleasures
I think at times we forget that:
"life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, its about learning to dance in the rain"
About "Finding the Joy in the Journey"
About "These are the days we will remember forever"
Sometime I need to remember that all of these thing are important and I need to learn to remember these days will not be forever so it is ok to:

planting pea's

About how you look in a picture

How dirty your mug was


How many yummy cupcakes
you eat or made
How your clothes fit or
how they looked
To have no place to go or
no worries
About not having to worry
if you have sand stuck to your
buggers

About how much sand got in
your crack and how great it
is to just lounge in the sand
When you didn't need to worry
how your butt looked in stretchy pants


I am in a Rut Stuck in A Rut. I was reading my Friend Brianna's Blog http://www.nateandbrianna.blogspot.com/ and it is so funny because we are so much alike sometimes it is scary. I have been feeling the same way lately and I think partly it is because I am so sick of this cold weather and Dax wants to be outside every minute of daylight and I feel so bad sometimes because it is so cold some day's for Logan that we can't be outside as much as we would all love to be or I get home from work and need to make dinner there always seems to be something but I am going to change that because I read this other day and it made me think.


I hope my children will look back on today and
see a mother who had time to play. There will be years
for cleaning and cooking. But children grow
up while we're not looking. Dusting and scrubbing
can wait 'till tomorrow. For babies grow fast we learn
to our sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs and dust go
to sleep. I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

Someday I'll jump through puddles, take a stroll or run a race,Someday I'll walk across the street, or maybe walk in space,Someday I'll scale a mountain, or join a ballet corps,Someday I'll walk a tightrope, or explore the ocean floor,Someday these feet will do some things that only heaven knows,But for today they're happy just to wiggle all their toes.

Also I don't challenge myself as much as I could. I have this really awesome SLR Digital camera that my cute hubby gave me and I love it I love taken pictures, I have the photo shop stuff, classes to take and more but I don't do anything about it. Sometimes I just need a kick in the Butt!

So I need to get UN stuck from this Rut so lets Do something about it, the Rut stuck in a Rut!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a very well put post! I loved reading it! its true I need to take time and sit down and play Colton and Jason are always telling me moms sit at the computer, that makes me feel so awful about my self I really just need to take time and sit down and play when he asks me because there are always days to clean and do other stuff!!! I think its the weather and the economy that is making everyone feel so down and out! I cant wait for some constant sunshine to get some color on my skin that always helps me feel a little better! Lets for sure do lunch or a play day for the kids!!!

Brianna said...

Dito, dito, dito... so where do we start? I think with exercise, but when and where? See these are the same questions that always stump me.

Clint & Danny said...

Very Nice post. I have that quote in my kitchen "dont wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain." I LOVE IT! its so true.

me said...

That was a very nice post, and I loved all the pictures of my beautiful niece and studly nephew... Thanks for posting them! Luv Trish

Erin said...

Good post Ally! I think all of us are ruts stuck in a ruts in some way or another(right now I'm stuck in a rut of getting out of my pajamas! I use having a 2 week old as an excuse, but even that is getting old!) Thanks for the reminder on what's really important!