Friday, December 5, 2008

Well for Thanksgiving this year we headed up to my parents cabin Wednesday night, and had Thanksgiving up there ,we have yummy food (thanks mom) and Christmas movies. Friday we headed out to find our Christmas tree to cut down, we have been doing this know for 7 years and love this family tradition, Chad and I have never bought a tree at the lot we love the fresh trees. After the day in the snow and making snow angels we headed back to the cabin, and some of us got in the sauna and others napped it was such a nice weekend. Saturday some other family's come up to cut down there Christmas trees. There was bad ice storm that day it was hard to even walk, trucks were off the side of the road and it was just a mess. But it kind of made it feel more like Christmas was coming soon with all the winter weather.

Dax singing "O Christmas Tree"
it was so funny listening to him sing


Timber


Here's your Sign


Logan is ready set out and find a tree

ICE DAX


And the Tree (it is huge and I love it)

6 comments:

Tbone said...

Fun pics. I am so glad you enjoy doing this with your family. What a fun tradition.

Brianna said...

Your tree looks awesome! I love real trees and all their character... I swear they can never be ugly! We had lots of fun hangin with you guys today... lets do it again real soon.

Mayfield said...

I love your comments you give me and I'm not very good at it. This is the funniest tradition ever. I can't ever see myself going to a store to get my tree, I love hiking up the mountain looking for the right tree. Cute pictures and it was fun seeing you the other day.

Anonymous said...

like the new pics so cute, i love the one by the christmas tree rd sign and with logan and the coors light cans i first read here is your sign and thought that is what you were talking about then i got it about the tree sign...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey Chad its Pete. It's good to hear from you. It has been a long time since I have heard from you. It looks like you and your family are doing well. I left a post earlier but I thing it got deleted because I cussed. Anyways it would be good to catch up. Give me call my number is 435-621-2553 and my e-mail is peteschen@ubtanet.com.

Pete