Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy and Merry Christmas

Molly

Logan loves her

My Dad got her for my Mom

Hiding from Logan

Daxton's stocking and
other goodies from Santa
The gun was by far his favorite gift

The letter Santa left for Dax
(for his big gift)

Logan's stocking and other
goodies from Santa
Her big gift the Kitchen

Logan's gift's
High Chair from Grandma Colleen
and her Papa Lonnie made her cradle
My cute friend Shawna made these for me

Our huge tree
(thanks to Matt and Jess)

Daxton's Letter to Santa we didn't
have time to mail it this year and
cookies and Mike we left for Santa




We had an Amazing December we started some new traditions and had old ones as well. Started it off by heading downtown to the lights at Temple square on one of the coldest nights in December, we road around on trax from the Little America Hotel, spaghetti factory, then to the lights it was so fun. Logan's poor hands and feet were frozen but she survived. All threw the month we watch plenty of Christmas movie the most popular ones were the Grinch (Logan loved it) Curious George Christmas and the classic Christmas Vacation. Mid month we went to see Santa Claus with Colton and Shawna that was fun Mrs. Claus came as well that will be a fun new tradition. We made Christmas goodies, ginger bread houses, did 25 days of Christmas, made a count down to Christmas chain. One of my favorite things to do when it snow is to get a blanket, watch a movie and have a fire it was nice to just wind down for a few minutes this month. Wednesday Chad's Dad and Becky came over to give the kids there gift for Christmas. Christmas eve we had Chad's Mom, sister and Rex over for dinner, gifts and dessert. Christmas morning I got a new video camera super small and I love it (before the kids got up so I could video them getting up). Daxton was so excited to see all the stuff from Santa and Logan was so funny she was like " WoW mine mine Wow" we opened our gifts (no picture it is all on video and I have not download it yet) Chad spoiled me once again and I totally love him not just because he spoils me but because I love Christmas and so does he so he lets me spoil the kids. Kindof sounds stupid and not really what the meaning of Christmas is about but Chad and I both work very hard for Daxton and Logan (well not to much Logan yet but she can find baby Jesus in the nativity) to know the true meaning of Christmas is. When I was growing up the memories I remember the most about Christmas time was not about the gifts (of course I loved the gifts but) it was about being with family and every year my family would go a pick names off the Angel trees and buy gifts for those who had very little that is what I remember. So this year and every year sense I have been married we always give to those who have less. I was getting frustrated at Dax this year because he was always I want this I want that every time we were at the store not just toys or games everything so we decided that we need to find a family to give to this year so Daxton remembers that there are people out there that don't have what we have so I found some kids thanks to my parents friend Diane and I told Dax the story of the family and just when I think he is not listening to me he tells Chad's Mom the story the next day. That made my Christmas, The reason for the season the birth of our Savior and we forget that in all the running around we do but if my 21 month old little girl can find baby Jesus in the nativity and my little boy know who's birthday it really is then I think they did pretty good at remembering the reason for the season. Christmas day was nice a slow, we walked over to my parents house for a yummy breakfast, gifts and family, went home a rested for while, headed over to Grandparents house that is less then a block away and saw more family with more food and the headed home for more family, food and laughs. Thanks to everyone that made it such a wonderful season.

1 comment:

Brianna said...

Looks like tons and tons of fun! What was Dax's "big gift"?